Requirements of Getting An Arkansas driver license
An individual may obtain an Arkansas driver license if:
• You are at least 14 years old (restricted license).
• You are at least 18 years of age (non-restricted license).
• You are under the age of eighteen and submit the appropriate documents from your school (i.e. school attendance form).
• You are able to submit proof of name, residential address, and date of birth.
• You possess parental or guardian consent if under the age of eighteen.
• You pass a regular driver license test.
• You submit a valid driver license issued by another recognized licensing authority.
• You are not currently under any suspension, revocation, or denial in while or in part by this or any other state, or one year has passed since any revocation.
• You legally reside within the United States.
• You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent, an alcoholic, or a habitual user of illegal narcotics.
• You have no judgments pending for a moving traffic violation.
Types of Arkansas Graduated Driver Licenses
Class D Licenses
Instruction Permit – This permit allows a driver to operate a motor vehicle when accompanied by a licensed driver, twenty-one years of age or older, who is occupying a seat beside the driver, except in the event the permit holder is operating a motorcycle. Learner's License – This license is a restricted license issued to persons between fourteen and sixteen years of age. Intermediate License – This license is a restricted license issued to persons between sixteen and eighteen years of age. Class D License – This license is a non-restricted license issued to persons eighteen years of age or older. Class M License – This license is a non-restricted license issued to persons sixteen years of age or older to operate a motorcycle on public roadways. Class MD License – This license is a restricted license issued to persons between fourteen and sixteen years of age. Motorized Bicycles Certificate – This certificate is a restricted certificate issued to persons fourteen years of age or older as of July 27,2011.
DMV Tests to Take
The applicant must successful pass a written knowledge test, a vision test, and driving skills test in order to get a non-restricted class D driver license in Arkansas.
For the written knowledge test, there are 25 multiple choice questions, you must score at least 20 right in order to pass.